Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wicked was bloody WICKED!

So I just wanted to do a quick post about my outing last night to my first musical on the West End.  It was Wicked, which was a show that I have always wanted to see because I hear from everyone that it is amazing....and it was.

The show is about the life of Elphaba, who is better known as the Wicked Witch of the West and her best friend Galinda, the Good Witch of the North.  As the story unfolds it becomes clear that Elphaba was never actually Wicked, and was only thought to be so from the rumors that spread through Oz, and also because whenever she did any good deed it would always backfire on her.  It was an awesome storyline that is far too complicated to explain in a post, but is very easy to understand if you see the show.

I thought the music was awesome.  Both leads were able to carry their roles and sounded amazing.  All in all it was probably one of the best shows I have ever seen.  I cant wait to see it on Broadway when I get back to the States.  Everyone has been telling me that it is 10 x better in New York, so it should amaze me once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment