Saturday, January 1, 2011

Anticipation

So there is just about a week left until my big journey.  It seems surreal to think that in just 7 days I will be relocating continents, flying from JFK to Heathrow.  This past semester seemed to fly by, and now its hear, and I will literally be "flying by" in a few days.  So this will be my first blog post.  I made it a point for me to create a blog for while I'm abroad-to allow friends and family to keep track of my whereabouts, make sure I'm alive :) and above all for myself to reflect upon my experiences while overseas.   In this first post I am going to include some lists of things that I plan to do while abroad.  At the end of my experience I will reflect back on the lists and see how many I actually got to.

Things I want to do
:In London
  1. Eat Authentic fish and chips by the seaport.
  2. Take a Harry Potter tour-and visit as many sites from the movies/books as possible.
  3. Visit the Prime Meridian.
  4. Go to the Childhood Museum.
  5. Go to the Tate Modern, and see the Ai Weiwei exhibit.
  6. See a show on the West End.
  7. Attend a big time movie premiere.
  8. Attend the ROYAL WEDDING, or try to see something from it.
  9. Eat at an Indian Restaurant.
  10. Visit the huge Hindi Temple.
  11. Photograph a Victorian Cemetery (Abbney Park, or Highgate).
  12. Take a picture in front of Big Ben (Saint Stephens Tower).
  13. Go on the London Eye.
  14. Visit the London Zoo.
  15. Tour Westminster Abbey.
  16. Tour of Tower of London.
  17. Visit St. Pauls.
  18. Shop at the Camden Markets.
  19. Visit the Portobello Road marketplace.
  20. Actually send a postcard to someone.
  21. Hampstead Heath picnic.
  22. The Changing of the Guards.
  23. Attend a Fashion Show.
  24. Get lost on the Tube.
  25. Go to "Church".
: In England/UK
  1. Cotswolds
  2. Oxford-Christ Church
  3. Dover-White Cliffs
  4. Ancient Forest of Dean
  5. Wye Valley
  6. Brighton Pier
  7. Yorkshire
  8. Manchester
  9. Liverpool
  10. Ride an old Steam engine train (Hogwarts style)
  11. Prembrokeshire Coast-Wales
  12. Lake District-Scotland 
  13. See a "Football" game.
  14. Go for a run somewhere in the countryside.
  15. See the sunrise somewhere pretty. 
:In Europe
  1. Visit Italy-Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples
  2. Paris, France
  3. South of France-Nice (Cannes Film Festival)
  4. Istanbul, Turkey-Travel to the Asian side
  5. Prague, Czech Republic
  6. Granada, Spain (Morrocco?)
  7. Iceland-See the Aurora Borealis 
  8. Amsterdam-Do something crazy & Windmills.
  9. Copenhagen, Denmark
  10. Ireland on St. Patricks Day.


1 comment:

  1. Jon! It is I, Rachel! I'm definitely following your blog, and you should follow my Across the Pond one! See ya around :)

    ReplyDelete