Monday, January 17, 2011

First Day of Class

So today was my first day of class at Goldsmiths.  I had my Studio practice.  It was a pretty interesting class.  Today we broke up into groups to work on this video design project.  What we have to do is create a short-film to show the idea of a phobia, my group picked claustrophobia.  It seems like a cool project, though I have to say I do miss Arcadia.  I am sort of disappointed with my experience so far, it wasnt really what I had expected.  I just hope things start to get better.  I think tomorrow I may talk with someone about switching out of one class.  There is this course that seems really interesting, its called ArtWorlds, and basically for the course you travel to different museums in and around London.  I just hope they let me switch.  As for the class I had today I am still on the fence over whether or not I want to switch out of it.  I dont know why I been feeling so homesick lately.  Its very odd since I normally never get homesick when Im at school, or when I had traveled in the past. I just hope I grow past it soon.  I dont know what it is but I havnt been feeling like myself since getting into the country.  Im still excited to do some traveling, but I keep thinking to myself wow I am here for six months.  Its sort of a trapped feeling that I have to try to get over I guess.  I am just really glad that I do have a lot of my close friends in London with me, I think things would be a lot worst if it wasn't for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment